Due to COVID-19 and Social Distancing please utilize all of our online services. 

  • You are REQUIRED to complete the online application for a marriage license and online application for Assumed Name Certificates/DBAs before coming in to the office to complete the process or you will be turned away.  You may need to clear your CACHE on the computer to utilize the marriage license forms.

  • You can mail in recordings, birth and death certificate requests, and request for a copy of your marriage license.

  • The May 2020 Election has been moved to November.

  • Due to the Public Health Emergency caused by the novel coronavirus designated SARS-CoV2, which causes the disease COVID-19, and pursuant to the Brazoria County Judge’s Stay Safe at Home Order issued March, 25, 2020, all foreclosure proceedings within Brazoria County are temporarily suspended for at least the next 30 days. This temporary suspension of foreclosures could be extended as needed.

    "Thank you for your patience and consideration.”


Assumed Name

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Thinking of opening a new business? Here are some simple steps to help aid you in getting your business going in no time:


  1. Review the Assumed Name (D.B.A.) Certificate Requirements & Fees.

  2. File an Unincorporated Assumed Name Certificate (D.B.A.) with the County Clerk in the county(s) in which the business is located and/or will conduct business.  To apply online click here(Incorporated Assumed Name Certificates are no longer recorded at The County Clerk's Office.  They are now required to be recorded with The State of Texas.) 

  3. Corporations and Incorporation documents are filed with the Texas Secretary of State in Austin at (512) 463-5555. Upon filing in Austin, the D.B.A. is then filed in the county(s).

  4. Business in Texas offers steps on starting a business, growing a business as well as many other valuable resources.

  5. To obtain a State Sales Tax ID #, contact the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts at (800) 252-8880, (800) 252-5555

  6. IRS - Small Business and Self - Employed Tax Center, is full of helpful information and resources.

  7. Federal Tax Identification Number also known as an Employer ID Number (EIN) can be obtained through the IRS, apply online.

  8. Worker's Compensation Information--visit the web page for the Texas Department of Insurance.

  9. Patents and Trademarks - visit the web page for The United States Patent and Trademark Office.

  10. Licenses and Regulations - Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.

  11. If the business is operated in home, review the deed restrictions and contact the homeowners association.

  12. If the business is located in a city or its jurisdiction, contact the city for possible permit requirements. See the Brazoria County main page for a link to the City's web page.

  13. Contact the County Environmental Health Department for a business involved in food preparation at: (979) 864-1600 - Angleton.

  14. Appraisal District Guide to Personal Property Rendition.


The following is a partial list of local resources for starting a new business:

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer