Poll Workers Needed
There is a continuing need for people to work at the polls on election days, as well as a need for bilingual workers (English/Spanish). The Brazoria County Elections Office is always recruiting people who are interested in assisting in this important part of the democratic process. Some of the requirements are:
- Be a registered voter in Brazoria County
- Have transportation
- Able to attend training in Angleton
- Able to work a 14-hour day
- Can not be:
- an elected official of any jurisdiction,
- a candidate on the ballot, or
- employed by or related within the second degree by blood or marriage to an opposed candidate on the ballot
A typical election day starts with setting up the polling place at 6:00 AM, voting from 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM, followed by about an hour of taking down the voting equipment and packing up supplies.
Pay rate is $10.00 per hour. Payment for training is $8.00 per hour.
Please fill out the Election Worker Application below and hit submit. Your application will be emailed to the Election's department for further review.
- North County: (281) 756-1662
- Central and West County: (979) 864-1662
- Brazosport Area: (979) 388-1662