|CRIMINAL COURTS||MISCELLANEOUS||LAND, VITALS, ASSUMED NAMES|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ’S)
HOW LONG AFTER MY ARREST WILL I GO TO COURT?
· It may take anywhere from 60 to 90 days for your case to be filed with the County Clerk’s Office from your arrest date.
· Once the bond you posted is filed in your case with the County Clerk’s Office the case will be set on a court docket.
WHEN IS MY COURT DATE?
Letter will be sent 3 weeks prior to court date to everyone listed on bond (bondsman, surety, co-surety & defendant).
To find a court date please go to www.brazoria-county.com and click on other links, Judicial Search.
Type in: Last name, First name
Locate the person you are looking for and the charge
Click on the Cause Number
This will tell you everything we have on the case and the date of court
Can’t find your name on the web site?
· Has it been 60 to 90 days?
· Check with your bonds person, they will be notified by letter 3 weeks prior to your court date.
NEED TO RESET A COURT DATE?
Only the presiding Judge can reset a court date.
County Court at Law 1 ? Judge Mills’ extension 1260
County Court at Law 2 ? Judge Holder’s extension 1571
County Court at Law 3 ? Judge Warren’s extension 1603
County Court at Law 4 ? Judge Rickert’s extension 1980
· County Court at Law Judges handle only Misdemeanor Class A & B & Misdemeanor Class C’s appealed from JP or City courts.
· Felony charges are handled through the District Clerk’s Office, you must contact them for information on felony charges.
· Rhonda Barchak, District Clerk: 979-864-1316, 979-388-1316 or 281-756-1316.
HOW LONG WILL I BE IN COURT?
· Court proceedings may last all day.
· Be prepared to be at the Court House or Probation office all day.
WHO IS ALLOWED IN COURTROOM?
· Only the Defendant and his/her attorney will be allowed in the courtroom.
· Please do not bring family, friends and children.
IF YOU PLEA ON YOUR CASE YOU MUST:
All plea’s going through collections are required to put a payment down.
You will be required to complete a 4 page application that requires 5 references. These references cannot live with you, each other or already be listed on the application. They cannot be your spouse, parents, boss, Attorney, Attorney staff or bonds person. They must be 18 years or older. All information on the application will be verified. The references must answer their phone or have their name on their answering machine or voicemail to be a valid reference.
All Class C’s have to pay in full the day of plea ? this would include Class C Appeals from J.P.’s.
All Out of County pleas (except for probation cases) have to pay in full the day of plea.
All Payment Plan’s will be at least $100 per month, unless the defendant has paperwork to prove disability or SSI.
If the defendant does not have their money, they complete a Stay of Execution form; the money is due by 3:30 that day. If not paid, collections department will automatically issue a Capias Pro Fine (warrant).
Address to Mail Payments for Criminal Misdemeanor and Felony:
Brazoria County Clerk
Attn: Collections Department
111 E Locust, Suite 210A
Angleton, Texas 77515
NOTE: Be sure to put case number on money order
WE ONLY GIVE 7 DAYS PAST YOUR DUE DATE ? IF NOT PAID BY THEN YOU ARE DELINQUENT AND SUBJECT TO A WARRANT FOR YOUR ARREST.
Credit Card Information ? ONLY FOR ADULT: Misdemeanor and Felony:
NEED COPIES OF YOUR CRIMINAL MISDEMEANOR RECORDS?
The County Clerk’s Office must have written request to search our records.
by mail: Joyce Hudman, County Clerk
111 E. Locust, Suite 200
Angleton, TX 77515
EMAIL requests to firstname.lastname@example.org ? must have your contact information so you can be reached
Name searched from 1986 to present -- $5.00
Name searched prior to 1986 to present -- $10.00
Copies -- $1.00 per page
Certified Copies -- $5.00 per document